We are a new school in Keynsham
Two Rivers CofE Primary School is a new primary school for Keynsham. Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is working with Bath & North East Somerset Council and the Department for Education to open the school in September 2020. The school will have a Church of England ethos and will be open to everyone.
The permanent site of the new school will be in the new Hygge Park housing development near Wellsway School. The school is being opened by Wellsway Multi Academy Trust, which operates thirteen other schools in Keynsham, Bristol and Bath.
Two Rivers CofE Primary School will initially open for reception year children in September 2020. Whilst the permanent site in Hygge Park is being completed, the school will initially open in purpose built temporary accommodation at the nearby Wellsway campus of schools (Wellsway School, IKB Academy, Chandag Infants and Chandag Juniors). The school will move to its new permanent home during the 2021/22 academic year. Both the permanent site and the temporary accommodation will be delivered by the Department for Education.
Why send your child to Two Rivers CofE Primary School?
- Pupils will benefit from being part of the Wellsway Multi Academy Trust family of schools, where teachers and leaders work together across schools to provide the best possible education and enrichment
- Wellsway Multi Academy Trust has an excellent track record of primary school performance
- Pupils will enjoy access to the Trust’s fantastic facilities at its other schools, for example science experience days at IKB Academy and sports events at the Wellsway Sport Centre
- The new permanent school will be a state of the art new build primary for all children from reception year to year 6
- Catering for the school will be provided by the Trust’s own Zest Catering, which won ‘Best In House Caterer 2019’ at the national EduCatering Awards
Why the name?
Two Rivers CofE Primary School takes its name from an important geographical feature of Keynsham, the confluence of the rivers Chew and Avon.